CHOCOLATE CHUNK HAWAIIAN COOKIES
Vegan I Gluten Free I Dairy Free I Refined Sugar Free
by Purely Kaylie
Chocolate chunk Hawaiian cookies that are vegan, gluten-free, and healthy! These coconut macadamia nut cookies are soft and fluffy, ready in 30 minutes, and require one bowl. They’re made with oat flour, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and other wholesome ingredients. Recipe below but make sure to also read the Full Blog by Purely Kaylie
Have you ever tried Hawaiian cookies? Well, if you’re a fan of coconut and macadamia, this one’s for you. The “Hawaiian” dessert flavor typically contains a delicious combination of coconut + macadamia nuts, and these healthy cookies don’t veer from that path. However, we’ll also add JOJO’s Goes Hawaiian Chocolate Bites for puddles of melty chocolate in every bite! (Because dessert isn’t complete without chocolate, right?)
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free
- Made with one bowl and ready in 30 minutes
- Slightly crispy on the outside, yet soft and fluffy in the center
- Sweet, coconutty, and chocolaty
- Made with healthy ingredients
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil*
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 10 JOJO’s Goes Hawaiian Chocolate Bites, chopped**
- Create the flax eggs by combining ground flaxseed and water in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine coconut oil and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the oil and sugar together until fluffy. Then, add the flax eggs and vanilla extract. Beat together. After, add all dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix together, then fold in the mix-ins.
- Scoop cookie dough into 16 rounds and place them onto the baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 3g