JOJO'S CARAMEL MAGIC BARS
Vegan I Gluten Free
You might ask how can a Caramel bar be low-sugar? There is no actual caramel in this yummy bar, but this magical combo has a rich caramel taste! This delicious and easy recipe is dairy free, lower in sugar than the classic recipe, and can be made gluten free! Recipe makes about 12 cookie bars.
- 11 long regular graham crackers (for a gluten free version, we use 1 1/2 cups crushed gluten free graham crackers. We love Kinnikinnick brand, that you can find at Sprouts Farmers Market or other health stores.)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 bars of JOJO's Goes Hawaiian, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crush graham crackers finely in a food processor or blender and mix in slightly melted butter. Press into bottom of a glass 9x9 baking pan.
- Next layer the condensed coconut milk evenly, followed by a layer of the pecans, the chocolate, and the coconut.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes, until coconut starts to look golden brown.
- Transfer to the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes to let it cool.
- Cut into squares and scoop out with a large spatula to prevent it from breaking apart.
- Best enjoyed immediately, but you can store in the fridge for a few days.