@paleorunningmomma's Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
PALEO VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
Paleo I Vegan
Both paleo and vegan, these chocolate chip cookies give a new and delicious look to an egg-free cookie. Adaptable to your favorite JOJO's flavors, these chewy cookies combined with JOJO's sweetness are bound to be a hit!
1 flax egg - 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 Tbsps water, allowed to sit for 10 minutes
1/4 cup coconut oil, solid but softened
1/4 cup smooth nut butter
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
3 Tbsp pure maple sugar or coconut sugar
1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup + 2 Tbsp blanched almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour, or tapioca
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup JOJO's Chocolate bars of choice, roughly chopped
- Prepare your flax egg as described above and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the almond and arrowroot flours, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl with an electric mixer or whisk, cream together the nut butter and coconut oil until smooth, then add the maple syrup, maple sugar, and vanilla, continue to mix until very smooth.
- Add in the flax egg and continue to whisk (or beat on low) until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture (with a spoon) until a sticky cookie dough forms. Fold in the chopped chocolate bars, then chill the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm it up.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop the dough onto a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges. They will be very soft so don’t handle them right away!
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!
Yields 14 cookies